Order of Worship March 16, 2014
Creed* – All
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; The third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy Christian church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.
Songs* – All
Prayer – Lawrence Chen
Redemption No Borders – Jason Cheng
Offering – All
Message – Rev. Jong Park
Song* – All
Benediction – Rev. Jong Park
* Please stand
Welcome to The Redemption Church, and thank you for coming to worship with us today! We are excited to worship in our new space here at National Louis in 2014 and are glad you could join us for service today.
2. Thursday Prayer Meetings (Every Thursday 7:30-9:30pm, National Louis)
Join us as we build our prayer culture at Redemption. Starting next Thursday (3/20), we will meet each Thursday night to pray together as a church. It will be a time of worship, hearing the Word, and especially prayer. Join us starting at 7:30pm right here at National Louis. The Thursday night prayer meeting will replace Friday Night Life.
3. Exodus World Service (March and April)
Exodus is a ministry that helps refugee families become acclimated to their new lives in America (http://www.e-w-s.org/). Get involved in multiple ways:
1. TRC will get involved by setting up a home for the family and gathering a month’s supply of essential household items. We have a sign-up sheet for the supplies to collect for the family at the Welcoming Table (collection will take place on Sunday 3/30).
2. After the initial move-in, we will also continue to meet with the family on a regular basis to acclimate them to their new lives. We also have a sign-up sheet to form a team of people who are interested in meeting the family for a 3 month period once a week for a couple of hours. The deadline for signing up to join the meeting team is March 16, due to paperwork that will need to be filled out. Meetings with the new family with tentatively start in early April.
If you are interested or have questions, please contact David An (email@example.com).
4. Restore Missions Conference (March 28-29)
Mark your calendars for this year’s Restore Missions Conference, which will take place on March 28-29. We are especially excited to have Dr. George Verwer as the main speaker. Dr. Verwer is the founder of Operation Mobilization.
5. Easter Baptism and Confirmation (April 20)
We will be having baptism on Easter Sunday. If you would like to be baptized or would like more information regarding the process, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 4. Please note: there will be a one-hour class for all those getting baptized.
6. Life Groups
We have five groups available: Midwestern U., the City, Schaumburg (2), Naperville, and Married Group. If you are not currently in a life group and would like to join, please email us at email@example.com, fill out a welcome card, or sign up at the welcoming table outside.
7. Kingdom Prayer Meeting (Sundays at 9am)
Join us in prayer as we pray for ourselves, our church, and the world. This is our official weekly church prayer meeting. We will meet at 9am right here at National Louis. Join us for a light breakfast afterwards starting at 9:45.
8. Get Involved
There are plenty of opportunities to put your gifts and abilities to good use at Redemption, from welcoming, to Sunday school, to special praise. If you are interested in serving in some way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Basketball Fellowship (After service 3/24 | NPC MPR | 1:30pm)
Even though we meet in our new location here at National Louis, NPC has graciously continued to let us use their gym for basketball fellowship. Join us today after service next week (3/24) for a time of basketball starting at 1:30pm at NPC (943 Sanctuary Lane, Naperville). Anyone and everyone is invited to play, watch, or both!