1. Discipleship is to pass on [spiritual] tradition and heritage.
2. Discipleship is not xerox copying, but rather an embodiment, contextualization, and expresssion of the essence and core values of faith – a transference of spiritual DNA.
3. Discipleship is training disciples with the hopes of surpassing the master
4. Discipleship is intentional, thus, takes time and investment
5. Discipleship is training disciples that will train other disciples – Exponential growth of the church.
“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9 ESV)